Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

THIS THANKSGIVING



This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful that we have plenty of comics to read. I'm also thankful that we have brave men and women willing to stand up and fight for our country.

I guess I'm not so thankful that some of our family and friends might die today because of a stupid war. Hussein and Bin Laden are dead, why are we still there?

Political ranting aside, I hope all you internet people have a happy holiday, and if any of you are veterans or have family or friends in the services I love you, even if you're not a veteran or relative of one, may you all be safe and full of cranberry sauce and stuffing.

As you might have guessed, this is a holiday story that involves soldiers.

by Doug Murray and Wayne VanSant
from THE 'NAM #22, September, 1988

img
img
img
img
img
And on the other side of the war.....
img
img
img
img
img
img
img

.....and a happy Thanksgiving for all. Or so it would seem, since the war ain't nowhere near over at that point in 1967, it'd still go on for pointless years......sound familiar?

*

1 comment: