Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Hedy And Nancy

jpg

In her heyday, Patsy Walker was carrying at least 3 titles under the Atlas brand, up to 5 titles if you count the books that she infrequently appeared in.
Hedy Wolfe on the other hand, got a solo title that was so popular it lasted for a whole of one issue.
Poor Hedy. A victim of circumstance. And I'm not being ironic, just check the date; '57-'58 was when Atlas Comics almost went bankrupt. I'm almost positive Hedy could've lasted for several dozen issues if it wasn't dropped by the publisher for financial reasons. Morris Weiss was doing really great art on the series at that point.
It's open for debate as to who was the definitive artist on the Patsy / Hedy series, but I'm going with Weiss over Hartley. Just my opinion.

by Morris Weiss
from HEDY WOLFE #1, August 1957

jpg
jpg
jpg
jpg
jpg
jpg

if he more than just looks like Rock Hudson, I think you're safe, Tubbs...

jpg
jpg
jpg
*

No comments:

Post a Comment