Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Wandering Dog

Can you guess the secret of the stray dog in this story?

by Elliot Maggin and Mike Grell
from ACTION COMICS #441, November 1974

jpg
jpg
jpg
jpg
jpg
jpg

*
Did you guess that it was Krypto before the ending? If so, 10 points for you!!
I just think that it was a little too convenient for Green Arrow to get saved by Krypto. But then again, Green Arrow should be dead twenty times over, as he's one of the most useless characters ever. I mean, really, trick arrows???!?
I know that since this story has been published, a lot of folks have tried hard to make him a relevant character, but the whole 'world's greatest archer' thing has never struck me as being any kind of useful talent for a crimefighter. If you have no super powers at all, it would just seem to be a no-brainer that you'd need one of the following:

1.) Lots of weapons (like the Punisher)
2.) A lot of technology (like Batman or Iron Man)
3.) Just plain balls of steel (like the Phantom or any of the old school pulp heroes)

I've never seen Green Arrow have any of these, but that's just me.
Feel free to direct me to any awesome Green Arrow stories that you know of in the comments section.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment